To the point - Comeback of a lifestyle:
The world premiere of the electric ID. BUGGY
Important facts – Key points for the ID. BUGGY
- Summer cruiser: ID. BUGGY takes the idea of the legendary dune buggies into the age of electric mobility.
- Pure driving pleasure: With the ID. BUGGY concept car, Volkswagen is showing a new, leisure-oriented facet of electric mobility.
- Born in California: The dune buggy was invented in the 60s on the west coast of the USA based on the Beetle.
- Statement: “The purist design is the modern, retro-free interpretation of an icon” (Klaus Bischoff, Chief Designer)
- Floating body: The body seems to visually float above the chassis and 18-inch wheels.
- Based on MEB: Safety chassis with zero-emission drive and battery based on the modular electric drive matrix (MEB)
- No roof, no doors: Weatherproof interior with two integrated seats and fully digital cockpit
- Flexible quick-charging station: The Volkswagen Group Components Division introduces revolutionary e-vehicle charging system in Geneva
- Opportunity for external manufacturers: ID. BUGGY can be built by start-ups in a wide variety of versions