Ten key facts on the launch of the new Golf Sportsvan:
1. The Golf Sportsvan is the completely re-developed and up to 90 kg lighter successor to the Golf Plus.
2. The Golf Sportsvan makes its appearance with new engines; the petrol and diesel engines consume up to 20 per cent less fuel.
3. The Golf Sportsvan TDI BlueMotion sets top marks with fuel consumption of 3.6 l/100 km and 95 g/km CO2.
4. The "MPV in the Golf line-up" offers an extremely variable interior with longitudinally adjustable rear bench seat.
5. Despite its compact dimensions, the Golf Sportsvan offers ample space for five people plus luggage for long trips.
6. The Golf Sportsvan is based on the Modular Transverse Matrix; its proportions and package dimensions benefit from this.
7. The Golf Sportsvan is the first Volkswagen to be offered with the new Blind Spot Monitor plus Rear Traffic Alert.
8. Systems such as PreCrash occupant protection, Lane Assist, Front Assist and City Emergency Braking heighten safety.
9. Adaptive chassis control (DCC), progressive steering and the new heated steering wheel deliver even greater comfort and sportiness.
10. The Golf Sportsvan is launching with new infotainment systems and mobile online services such as Google Earth™.