Key facts – the new Tiguan in keywords
1. Design: powerful, authentic SUV design of the new Tiguan has been completely reconfigured.
2. Technology concept: the Tiguan is the first Volkswagen Group SUV to be based on the modular transverse matrix (MQB).
3. Character: longer, wider, lower – new vehicle architecture enables sportier proportions.
4. All-wheel and front-wheel drive: six of the eight engines are offered in combination with all-wheel drive.
5. Two front sections: the Tiguan debuts as a classic on-road version, or with an off-road front end.
6. For the first time: 4MOTION Active Control offers 'On-road', 'Snow', 'Off-road' and 'Off-road Individual' driving modes.
7. Safety: Front Assist with City Emergency Braking and Pedestrian Monitoring, active engine bonnet, Lane Assist and the Automatic Post-Collision Braking System are fitted as standard.
8. Interior space: boot space increased to between 615 and 1,655 litres (up 145 litres) and more room in the back.
9. Engines: larger power output range (85 kW / 115 PS to 176 kW / 240 PS).
10. Market launch: the new Tiguan launches at the end of April in Germany and throughout Europe in early May.