Key facts at a glance
- Next global vehicle for a new market segment. With the future production model of the ID. AERO , Volkswagen will offer its first all-electric saloon – the vehicle will launch in the high-volume luxury mid-size segment in the three primary markets of China, Europe and North America.
- Sixth member of the ID. family. Following on from the ID.3, ID.4, ID.5 and ID.6 models and the iconic ID. Buzz, the almost five-metre-long production version of the new ID. AERO will become the sixth member of the ID. family.
- A new dimension of electric mobility. The ID. AERO( brings together outstanding aerodynamics and generous interior space. The prototype’s name stands for AErodynamics and ROominess.
- The exterior design – enhanced aerodynamics and performance. The exterior design has been geared towards an electrifying performance. The light-up VW badge is an eye-catching element on the front of the vehicle. The soft flowing lines and excellent aerodynamics help to achieve a drag coefficient of 0.23.
- Distinctive wrap-around light strip. A thin strip of white light wraps elegantly around the entire vehicle. Light-up touch surfaces replace traditional door handles and are a seamless continuation of the silhouette.
- Spacious proportions. Measuring almost five metres in length, the ID. AERO uses the modular electric drive matrix (MEB) architecture and offers a spacious interior with the features of an upper-class saloon.
- Range of up to 620 kilometres. The all-electric saloon is based on the Volkswagen modular electric drive matrix (MEB). The 77 kWh lithium-ion battery is integrated into the vehicle floor and is able to deliver a range of up to 620 kilometres (WLTP).
- Made in Germany. The production vehicle for the European and North American market is due to roll off the production line in Emden from 2023 onwards.