News at a glance
- The ID. family is growing to include the GTX performance brand: Following on from the GTI and GTE, the GTX label is the next chapter in Volkswagen’s successful history of top-of-the-range sporty models – and an intelligent transition to the world of e-mobility.
- Sustainability and sportiness are not mutually exclusive: GTX offers a fun and carbon-neutral driving experience for a wide range of customers.
- Entry-level price of 50,415 euros: In Germany, the entry-level price for the ID.4 GTX is 50,415 euros. Customers in Germany are able to apply for a net subsidy of 7,500 euros.
- Two motors for the dual-motor electric all-wheel drive: The ID.4 GTX has one electric drive motor each on the front and rear axles. Together, they deliver a maximum of 220 kW (299 PS) and can work together as an electric dual-motor all-wheel drive.
- Sporty driving at the press of a pedal: The intelligent drive management system creates the ideal balance between maximum efficiency and powerful performance. The ID.4 GTX accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 6.2 seconds and reaches a top speed of 180 km/h.
- Intelligent networking: In the ID.4 GTX, the control systems for the running gear and all-wheel drive system work together closely. This interaction is monitored by intelligent software known as the Vehicle Dynamics Manager.
- Driving pleasure and stability: Using the driving profile selection and ESC button on the large display, the driver can decide on the driving characteristics of the most powerful ID.4 model – ranging from sporty and agile through to uncompromisingly stable.
- Long range: The battery stores up to 77 kWh of energy (net), enough for realistic customer ranges of up to 480 km (WLTP). With a maximum charging capacity of 125 kW, it is quick to recharge.
- Practical aspects: The ID.4 GTX is versatile in every regard – with a large interior and luggage compartment and a maximum trailer weight of up to 1,400 kilograms.
- A design for a new era: The exterior of the ID.4 GTX has a powerful appearance. Thanks to a variety of exclusive design details, this top-of-the-range model looks sporty yet elegant.
- New lighting technology: The standard IQ.LIGHT LED matrix headlights provide an intelligently controlled main beam. LEDs in the air intake grille enhance the signature light in the dark. The rear also features the innovative 3D LED tail light clusters.
- Ultra-modern controls: A touch display with a diagonal of up to 12 inches, natural voice control with an online connection and the ID.Light come as standard, along with a multifunction steering wheel with touch controls. The vehicle is also available with an optional augmented-reality head-up display, which superimposes selected displays into the vehicle’s actual surroundings.
- Clever connectivity: The Discover Pro navigation system, We Connect Start online services and the IQ.Drive assist systems create a relaxing, confident driving experience.
- New electronics platform: The ID.4 GTX’s software and hardware are based on a brand new architecture. In future, over-the-air updates will enable the vehicle to be regularly updated following purchase.
- Sustainable electric mobility for all: Volkswagen’s electric mobility campaign is in full swing. The ID.4 GTX, which is being built at the Zwickau factory in Germany, is handed over to the customer with a carbon-neutral balance sheet.
- Easy charging: Volkswagen is building an entire ecosystem of sustainable electric mobility around the ID. models. From the ID.Charger wall box to the We Charge charging service, customers can access everything they need, all from a single source.
All equipment specifications apply to the German market.