The ID.3 – pioneer of a new mobility era
- Completely new technology and package configurations: the ID.3 is the first model based on the modular electric drive matrix (MEB) from Volkswagen.
- The look of a new era: the exterior design of the ID.3 is puristic and clear, timeless and iconic.
- Friendly appearance: the headlights provide the electric compact model with a likeable human face.
- Open space: space like in a mid-size car – the technical concept of the MEB with short overhangs and long wheelbase creates the kind of interior space that might be expected in a higher vehicle class.
- Simple operation: almost all functions are operated using touch controls or the “Hello ID.” intelligent voice control. ID. Light communicates visually with the vehicle occupants. The augmented reality head-up display merges the displays with reality.
- Equipment from A to Z: the available options extend from adaptive shock absorbers to two-zone Climatronic.
- Clever communication: the infotainment hardware and We Connect Start services link the ID.3 to its surroundings. This makes the car and navigation system intelligent and versatile.
- Looking ahead: the assist systems help to make driving more relaxed, more confident and safer.
- New electronics platform: the software of the ID.3 is designed with a completely new server architecture. This allows the customer to download updates to the car after purchase.
- Powerful electric drive motor: the rear-mounted drive motor for the ID.3 is initially available with one power output of 150 kW (204 PS). A version with 107 kW (146 PS) will follow shortly after the market launch.
- Custom batteries: lithium-ion batteries with a net energy capacity of 58 kWh and 77 kWh are available for the ID.3. The range (as per WLTP) totals up to 549 km. A smaller battery will follow later.
- Sporty handling: the technical concept ensures a low centre of gravity and balanced distribution of the axle loads. That makes the car very nimble and agile.
- Top-level safety: the sturdy battery housing and the centre airbag play an important part in the crash concept.
- Charge quickly, continue driving soon: the ID.3 can be charged with both alternating current (AC) and direct current (DC) and has full fast charging capability. The top version charges with a power rating of up to 125 kW for a good 350 km in just 30 minutes.
- Charging made easy: We Charge provides ID.3 customers with access to the Volkswagen charging ecosystem. In Europe, they can use more than 150,000 public charge points. They benefit from attractive conditions in the IONITY fast charging network.
- Carbon-neutral balance: the ID.3 is produced at the Zwickau factory boasting a climate-neutral balance. It can also be driven in a climate-neutral way with Volkswagen green electricity from Elli.
- €33 billion investment by 2024: Volkswagen wants to be the world's market leader in electric mobility. The Group plans to launch up to 75 all-electric models by 2029.