Ten important facts on the world premiere of the Cross Coupé GTE:
1. The Volkswagen Cross Coupé GTE is a mid-size SUV with V6 plug-in hybrid drive.
2. The Cross Coupé GTE combines German engineering and design with the automotive American way of life.
3. The SUV concept car is the protagonist of a new Volkswagen design language developed for the USA.
4. The front end of the concept car painted in "Grand Pacific Glacier" offers a look ahead at the face of a new SUV for the U.S.
5. With interactive gesture control, the instrument panel opens up a new dimension of information and operating quality.
6. 3.6 V6 FSI (206 kW), two electric motors (40 and 85 kW) and all-wheel drive with an "electric cardan shaft".
7. System output of 265 kW and a range of 70 MPGe1 (combined).
8. Extremely sporty in "GTE Mode", zero emissions over distances of up to 20 miles (32 kilometers) in "E-Mode".
9. The concept car with five seats and a length of 190.8 inches (4.85 meters) offers outstanding comfort on long journeys.
10. From the end of 2016, Volkswagen will build the seven-seater mid-size SUV at the Chattanooga plant in Tennessee, United States.