At a glance
System changeover to e-mobility
- System changeover: 2020 will be the key year for the system changeover to e-mobility.
- Electric offensive: Volkswagen is forging ahead – as the driver in the system changeover to e-mobility. 75 new electric models are planned up to 2029.
- Timeframe: Volkswagen is moving forward to schedule with its electric offensive. The ID.3 will appear on the roads in the summer.
- The battery has the edge: battery electric cars represent the best approach in economic and environmental terms. Hydrogen is no alternative for passenger cars.
- Ready for the breakthrough: battery electric drive systems are available, affordable and to make the greatest contribution to climate protection.
- Affordable e-mobility: in terms of total cost, the ID.3 is at the same level or even below the level of comparable internal combustion models.
- Sustainable mobility: following the ID.3, the ID.4 from Zwickau will also be produced with a neutral carbon balance.
- Safety: electric cars are just as safe as conventional vehicles with internal combustion engines.
- Charging infrastructure: public charging will become increasingly important. The expansion of public charging infrastructure must be drastically accelerated.
- Sprint program: by 2025, more than 300,000 public charging points will be needed in Germany.