- First quarter of 2022: operating result increases to EUR 513 million
- Operating return on sales rises to 3.4 percent
- Electric mobility strategy on track: 74 percent more all-electric cars delivered
- Demand remains high – backlog of orders at all-time high
- Volkswagen CEO Ralf Brandstätter: “A sustainable improvement in economic efficiency gives us a solid basis for our accelerated transformation to emission-free and fully networked mobility”
Volkswagen improves cost efficiency and economic efficiency in a tough environment
The Volkswagen brand strengthened the Group’s economic efficiency sustainably lastingly in the first quarter of 2022. In the first three months, the operating profit before special items increased to EUR 513 million (Q1 2021: EUR 490 million). Sales revenue came in at just under EUR 15 billion (Q1 2021: EUR 17.6 billion) due to an optimized model and price policy, while the number of deliveries in the same period came in at around one million vehicles (Q1 2021: 1.36 million) due to the war in Ukraine, the global semiconductor shortage and the most recent coronavirus measures in China. In contrast, the operating return on sales before special items rose to 3.4 percent (Q1 2021: 2.8 percent).