- Volkswagen delivers 512,100 vehicles in May: 5.1 percent fewer than in May 2018
- Deliveries rise in North America, South America and Germany
- As expected, fewer vehicles delivered in Europe following record values in 2018
- Developments in China unchanged: Volkswagen wins market shares in a shrinking overall market
- Sales Board Member Jürgen Stackmann: “In terms of deliveries, May was a month of highs and lows for Volkswagen. In Europe, we continue to expect a strong second half of the year for the brand.”
Volkswagen deliveries in May present a mixed picture
In May, the Volkswagen brand delivered 512,100 vehicles worldwide, 5.1 percent fewer than in May 2018. There was a mixed picture in the regions: while deliveries by the brand in North America (+8.6 percent), South America (+5,4 percent) and the individual market of Germany (+2.2 percent) rose, there was, as expected, a fall in Europe (-6.1 percent). The situation in China remained unchanged. In May, Volkswagen succeeded in increasing its market share in a shrinking overall market.