System changeover to e-mobility
- New era: With the ID.3, Volkswagen is starting the production of electric vehicles for the volume segment.
- Trailblazer: Europe’s largest and most efficient electric car plant is taking shape in Zwickau.
- Electric offensive: Volkswagen has embarked on the world’s largest electric offensive. By 2028, the Group will be launching almost 70 electric models in the marketplace.
- Sustainability: The ID.3is the first vehicle produced with a neutral carbon balance
- MEB: The modular electric drive toolkit (MEB) is the technical and economic backbone of the electric offensive.
- Production: The new electric cars will be produced at 8 MEB locations in Europe, China and the USA.
- Production locations: Over the next few years, a high-performance cluster for electric cars will be created in Germany.