- Volkswagen and Microsoft will deeply collaborate to accelerate Volkswagen’s digital transformation
- Volkswagen choses Microsoft Azure platform as the foundation for Automotive Cloud and connected car services for its fleet
- Decisive step for Volkswagen in its transformation into a mobility provider with fully connected vehicle fleet
- Volkswagen will establish a new automotive cloud development office in North America and Microsoft will help support its initial development
- The partnership will leverage Microsoft’s expertise and learnings from its own transformation to help define what will make Volkswagen’s Automotive Cloud unique and adaptable globally
Volkswagen and Microsoft announce strategic partnership
Entering into a strategic partnership, Volkswagen and Microsoft Corp. will collaborate to develop the ‘Volkswagen Automotive Cloud’, one of the largest dedicated automotive industry clouds for all future Volkswagen digital services and mobility offerings. The Supervisory Board of Volkswagen AG approved the conclusion of an agreement to this effect between Volkswagen and Microsoft on September 28, 2018. Volkswagen therefore continues to forge ahead with its digital transformation at full speed. With Microsoft as its strategic partner, the company is taking a decisive step in its digital transformation into a mobility provider with a fully connected vehicle fleet and the digital ecosystem “Volkswagen We”.