Large, comfortable and spacious: the new Teramont has the look and feel of a practical family SUV. This modern SUV is an absolute novelty for the brand in the Middle East. No Volkswagen seven-seater has yet been offered here. "Welcoming the Teramont to our market is a delight, as we are confident this car will be perfect for this location. Size matters, especially for families in this region and this is exactly what we offer now," says Andrew Savvas, Brand Director Volkswagen for the Middle East region.
One of the advantages of the new SUV is the enormous amount of space inside. Whether for the big weekend shopping expedition or a holiday with the family, up to 2,741 litres of luggage can fit into the car, depending on the seating arrangement. Even when all seven seats are occupied, people can sit comfortably in the rear. But the interior is not the only strong point: "The Teramont is the boldest and one of the biggest models Volkswagen has ever built and still expresses the true Volkswagen style and quality finish - delivering the distinctive design and craftsmanship we’re known for, now with room for seven. This year we have been busy ramping up our SUV range and having this 7-seater means we have a complete line up in place and can offer the perfect car for every type of family", explains Savvas.
SUV family forges ahead on the road to success
This SUV is currently available in the USA and Canada as the Volkswagen Atlas and as the Teramont in Russia among others, and from local production in China. In the USA, the American model has opened up an important segment for the brand. The newly developed SUV is tailored to American needs. There, it has already received awards among them “Best of 2018” by Cars.com.
With the Teramont, Volkswagen is forging ahead with the success story of the SUV portfolio. Volkswagen has been expanding its SUV range since 2017. In addition to successful models such as the Tiguan and the new T-Roc, Volkswagen has also launched the latest-generation Touareg.
Key facts of the Teramont for the Middle East:
- With 5037 mm length, 1979 mm width and 1768 mm height, the Teramont is the largest SUV made by Volkswagen and first seven-seater in the range
- The new SUV will be built for the Middle East in Chattanooga (Tennessee/USA) alongside the US-Passat
- Luggage volumes range from 583 to 2,741 litres (depending on how many seats are being used)
- The Teramont comes as a standard with 4Motion all-wheel drive
- It offers a varied selection of driver assistance systems, such as automatic distance control, collision warning, emergency brake assistant, blind spot sensor and Park Assist (parking steering assistance)