News at a glance
- 100% SUV – 100% electric: The ID.4 is Volkswagen’s first all-electric SUV and also the brand’s first electric world car. It is launching into the world’s largest market segment: the compact SUV class.
- Nine pre-configured models. The ID.4 1ST Edition and ID.4 1ST Edition Max have already been launched on the market. They will now be followed by nine pre-configured ID.4 models, the Pure, City, Style, Pro, Life, Business, Family, Tech and Max. This strategy aims to make the range easier for the customer to understand
- Entry-level price of 36,950 euros. The ID.4 Pure with 109 kW, due to be launched in the first half of 2021, will start from 36,950 euros in Germany.
- Two battery sizes: The ID.4 Pure, ID.4 City and ID.4 Style have a battery with 52 kWh net energy content. Their electric drive motors deliver 109 kW (148 PS)or 125 kW (170 PS). The six other models use the 77 kWh battery, which gives them a range of up to 522 km (WLTP). The electric motor in the rear delivers 150 kW (204 PS) here.
- A design for a new era: The exterior features powerful proportions and a futuristic appearance. Its clear, flowing design is inspired by nature and ensures very good aerodynamics with a drag coefficient of 0.28.
- Open Space for passengers: The architecture of the ID.4 with a long wheelbase creates a vehicle interior that is as spacious as any conventional SUV from the next vehicle class up.
- An operating concept for a new era: A touch display with a diagonal size of up to 12 inches, natural voice control with an online connection and the ID. Light come as standard. Optional features include an augmented reality head-up display, which merges selected displays into the vehicle’s actual surroundings.
- New electronics platform: The ID.4’s software and hardware were designed within a brand new architecture. This allows the customer to download updates to the car after purchase.
- Intelligent connectivity: The Discover Pro navigation system and mobile online services from We Connect Start come as standard in all nine models. The assist systems create an even more superior driving experience.
- Charging made easy: With We Charge, Volkswagen is the first high-volume manufacturer to offer an entire eco-system for charging electric cars. Customers enjoy a universal charging experience.
- The future of mobility is electric and sustainable: Upon its delivery to customers in Europe, the Volkswagen ID.4 has a carbon-neutral balance. An entire ecosystem of sustainable electric mobility will be established around the ID. models.
All equipment specifications apply to the German market.