Skip to content
Accept

Volkswagen Group pays tribute to lifetime achievement of long-standing Chairman of the Board of Management and Supervisory Board

Prof. Dr. Ferdinand Piëch (*1937; † 2019)
Prof. Dr. Ferdinand Piëch (*1937; † 2019)

A life in pictures

Already as a young boy Ferdinand Piëch (right) was a car fan - here with his cousin Alexander and his grandfather Ferdinand Porsche.
In 1965 Piëch (white shirt) became head of the development department at Porsche in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen, where he further developed the Porsche 911.
At the legendary "Targa Florio" race in Sicily in 1970 Ferdinand Piëch (left, with light coat) was a guest as motorsport boss with several Porsche 908s.
In 1994 Ferdinand Piëch celebrated the anniversary of 15 million Golf in Wolfsburg - he had been Chairman of the Board of Management of Volkswagen AG since 1993.
In 1999 Ferdinand Piëch presented the Lupo 3L TDI in Gothenburg, Sweden. The car made a mark as the world's first production car with a fuel consumption of less than three litres.
Piëch laid the foundation stone of the Transparent Factory in Dresden in 1999 together with the then Federal Chancellor Gerhard Schröder and Saxony's Prime Minister Kurt Biedenkopf.
The opening of the Autostadt Wolfsburg in 2000 also took place during Piëch's tenure as CEO.
In 2004, Ferdinand Piëch - here with his wife Ursula at the 2009 Annual General Meeting - took over as Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Volkswagen AG.
Piëch was able to announce the best year in the company's history at the 2011 Annual General Meeting - with new record figures for deliveries and operating profit.
Ferdinand and Ursula Piëch were regular guests at the Wörthersee meeting - here in 2013.