- Success factor: Quick, easy, convenient charging is a key factor for the breakthrough of e-mobility.
- Charging ecosystem: Volkswagen offers a competitive package for convenient, sustainable charging – from the wallbox to the We Charge charging service and green power.
- Any time, any place: Volkswagen customers can recharge their batteries at practically any time and place – at home, on the road and on long journeys. Via We Charge, we offer access to one of Europe’s largest charging networks.
- Rapid charging network: Via IONITY, Volkswagen operates a pan-European rapid charging network. Rapid charging parks will be available every 120 kilometers in the future.
- Green power: With Volkswagen Naturstrom, electric vehicle drivers can also use green power for charging at home, making for especially sustainable travelling. The origin from 100% renewable sources is certified by TÜV Nord.
- Charging infrastructure: Public charging is becoming increasingly important. The development of public charging infrastructure needs to be massively boosted throughout Europe.
- Sprint program: In Germany, more than 300,000 public charging points will be needed up to 2025.
- Volkswagen charging points: Volkswagen itself is installing thousands of charging stations. Throughout Europe, the Group and its dealers will be installing a total of 35,000 charging points by 2025. 11,000 of these charging points will be installed by the Volkswagen brand.
- Bidirectional charging: E-mobility can become a key element in the energy transition. Potentially, the growing number of electric cars will create a giant mobile energy storage facility.
- Elli: With Elli, Volkswagen has launched its own start-up for all activities connected with the charging of electric vehicles. The company is working on the future of charging.