- CEO Herbert Diess will assume responsibility for the software unit CARIAD on the Group Board of Management as from 1 January 2022
- Ralf Brandstätter will assume responsibility for the new “Volkswagen Passenger Cars” division as of 1 January 2022 and the “China” division from 1 August 2022
- Manfred Döss will take over “Integrity and Legal Affairs” from Hiltrud Werner on 1 February 2022
- Hauke Stars will take over the new Group Board of Management function “IT and Organisation” on the same day
- Hildegard Wortmann will be appointed as the member of the Group Board of Management for Sales with effect as from 1 February 2022
- Board of Management member responsible for HR, Gunnar Kilian, will receive a new service agreement
Volkswagen’s Supervisory Board strengthens Group Board of Management team
Volkswagen AG is strengthening its Group Board of Management to deal with the next phase of the transformation. As part of this, the structure of the management body and its functions will be reorganised to make the company even more effective in tackling the challenges of the years ahead. The Group’s Supervisory Board adopted the corresponding resolutions at its meeting in Wolfsburg on Thursday. The Chairman of the Board of Management, Herbert Diess, will take over responsibility for the automotive software division CARIAD within the Group Board of Management from Markus Duesmann at the beginning of 2022. The CEO of the Volkswagen Passenger Cars Brand, Ralf Brandstätter, will join the Group Board of Management at the same time and will be responsible for the activities of the core brand. Herbert Diess will continue as the Board of Management member with responsibility for the Volume Brand Group. On 1 February 2022, Manfred Döss will take over “Integrity and Legal Affairs” from Hiltrud Werner. Hauke Stars will take up the position of Group Board of Management member responsible for “IT” on the same day. In addition to being the member of the Board of Management of Audi for Sales, Hildegard Wortmann will assume the same role on the Group Board of Management as from 1 February 2022 as well.