- Volkswagen brand plans to deliver about 300,000 electrified models to customers in 2020 – the figure is to reach a million by 2025.
- By 2023, 10 battery electric vehicles based on the modular electric drive toolkit MEB are to be launched on the Chinese market.
- An SUV from the ID. family is to be the first MEB model in China – production start in one year
- ID.3 to be produced by SAIC VOLKSWAGEN
- The Volkswagen model offensive is to continue with the TACQUA SUV and the Viloran MPV – both equipped with high-efficiency internal combustion engines
Volkswagen strengthens brand presentation in China: MEB roadmap, new models and new brand design
The Volkswagen brand is boosting its e-mobility offensive in China. Next year, about 300,000 electrified models are already to be handed over to customers. The figure will then reach about one million by 2025. By 2023, the Volkswagen brand will offer 10 models based on the MEB modular electric drive toolkit on the Chinese market. In Guangzhou, the SUV study ID.Next, already on show at the IAA, gave a glimpse of the first model in the ID. family for China. Production of this model is to start at the end of 2020. The ID.3 will then be produced by SAIC VOLKSWAGEN at the new plant in Anting. This way, Volkswagen is also making its corporate goal clear in China: the brand is on its way to mobility with a net neutral carbon balance.