- More than 95 percent of service stations in Germany, and around 60 percent worldwide, remain open; many offer no-contact service
- Genuine Parts Center in Kassel ensures that customers stay mobile despite a reduced team as a result of coronavirus
- Comprehensive measures protect health of employees and suppliers at Kassel
- Roman Havlásek, Head of Group After Sales: “Our customers, who include many people working in the health system and food retailing, have to rely on their vehicle more than ever before as a result of the coronavirus crisis. This is why it is so important that our team maintains genuine parts supplies. This way, service stations throughout the world can continue to carry out repair work.”
- Ulrike Jakob, Deputy Chairperson of the Works Council in Kassel: “The employees are working in line with the protection and hygiene recommendations of the Robert Koch Institute in order to exclude the risk of infection as far as possible. No-contact logistics and the other measures that have been adopted have met with the approval of the employees.”
Volkswagen Group safeguards customer mobility with supply of genuine parts
Even during the coronavirus crisis, the Volkswagen Group continues to ensure supplies of genuine parts. In Germany, more than 95 percent of the about 3,500 service stations remain open so that customers can stay mobile. Throughout the world, about 60 percent of the 25,000 service stations remain active. The Original Parts Center in Kassel ensures that genuine parts for repair work reach the workshop rapidly despite coronavirus. The order level is around one third of the normal volume. In these activities, the top priority is to protect the health of employees and suppliers at Kassel. At the Genuine Parts Center, comprehensive measures have been taken to ensure adequate distances between the employees concerned and compliance with the appropriate hygiene requirements. This also includes reducing the number of people working on logistics operations at any time by about one half. At the service stations themselves, health protection is also the top priority. Many businesses offer customers the possibility of handing over and collecting their vehicle without any direct contact with service personnel.