- Since launch of the ID.3, more than 144,000 orders received – around 50 percent from new Volkswagen customers
- Europe’s best-selling electric car in August 2021
- Volkswagen Board Member for Sales Klaus Zellmer: “The ID.3 is a real hit and is attracting new buyer groups to Volkswagen”
- Most common reasons for purchase: climate-friendly, innovative, strong dealer network
- ID. family makes Volkswagen the BEV market leader in Europe
Volkswagen gains some 70,000 new customers with best-selling ID.3 in the first year
Strong performance of the all-electric Volkswagen ID.3 after its first year in the European market: “The car is an absolute hit. It appeals to customers and has shot from zero to take top positions among new registrations in a large number of countries,” says Klaus Zellmer, Board Member for Sales, Marketing and After Sales at Volkswagen. By the end of September, the car had already been ordered around 144,000 times in Europe – 50 percent of buyers had not driven a Volkswagen before and were new to the brand, found a study commissioned by the company. “The ID.3 has tapped into an above-average number of new buyer groups for Volkswagen. Some 70,000 new customers are strong proof that we are exactly on the right track with this vehicle and our electric mobility strategy,” continues Zellmer.