It is remarkably easy to handle: all of the useful driver settings for personalisation are saved automatically in an individual user account. When drivers leave the car, their settings then remain on board as a data record. Thanks to the key memory, the settings are automatically retrieved and reactivated as soon as a driver opens the Volkswagen again with his or her car key. All user accounts can be given their own name (apart from the "Guest" account), which then appears as a greeting in the instruments.
If you have accidentally picked up another driver's key, the user can be changed "manually" in no time at all via the display in the instrument cluster (or the optional Active Info Display) and the multifunction keys in the steering wheel. Personalisation can of course also be completely deactivated (and reactivated) and the user account changed via the user management function in the car menu. Three memory places are available as well as a Guest account with preset values.
Depending on the model and equipment, the following functions are saved:
- Electrically adjustable driver's seat with memory function: seat position
- Exterior mirrors (only for driver's seat with memory function): position, lowering while reversing
- Air conditioning: temperature settings (left/right), ventilation with circulation and blower speed
- Infotainment: navigation settings, radio station and sound among others
- Head-up Display: selection of information shown
- Instrument cluster: multifunction display, Active Info Display.
- Driving profile selection: last profile
- Park Assist – park steering assistant including parking assistant: volume of the beeps, pitch
- Lights: Coming Home and Leaving Home functions
- Configuration of the driver assistance systems: Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), advance warning for pedestrian protection, Lane Assist, Dynamic Road Sign Display, Side Assist, Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert