- Frank Blome appointed CEO
- Top international experts on the six-member Executive Board
- Salzgitter to become the headquarters and new battery hub in Europe
- "Battery Valley" recruiting campaign will attract highly talented employees from all parts of the world
- More than 200 high-tech positions to be filled externally
Mission started: The management team of the new battery company is in place!
The Volkswagen Group has lined up its launch crew for the mission to quickly and comprehensively industrialize new battery technologies. A highly talented team led by Frank Blome will work from their base in Salzgitter to expand the rapidly growing battery business and turn Volkswagen into a global cell manufacturer. To this end, a six-member Executive Board has been appointed to manage the new independent European company (Société Européenne), an operation that will employ top international experts from the fields of technology, procurement, production and finance. The board will begin work on July 1 and oversee all activities along the battery value chain – from the procurement and processing of raw materials to the development of the Volkswagen unit cell and the management of the company's initial six gigafactories. This work will also include new business models involving second-life uses for vehicle batteries and closed-loop recycling of valuable raw materials. The company will be headquartered at the Salzgitter site, which serves as the Group's battery hub in Europe.