Ten key facts – the PHIDEON in keywords
1. The Volkswagen PHIDEON is an all-new high-end saloon in the premium segment in China.
2. The innovative PHIDEON is positioned above the Passat and the Magotan, which is available in China.
3. The five metre saloon car is characterised by an extremely elegant yet simultaneously dynamic body design.
4. With its charismatic front end, the PHIDEON paves the way for the future design of Volkswagen's top-of-the-range saloons.
5. The new PHIDEON was developed in Germany with the assistance of VW's Chinese partner SAIC Volkswagen. It will be launched in China in the third quarter of 2016.
6. The saloon will be offered with high-efficiency TSI engines (turbocharged direct petrol injection engines) and a plug-in hybrid drive is also planned.
7. In Geneva, Volkswagen will unveil the flagship model in the series: the four-wheel drive PHIDEON 3.0 TSI 4MOTION with 300 PS.
8. This high-tech PHIDEON is the first Volkswagen to use a camera-based night vision system.
9. The interior is tailored perfectly to the needs of the driver, with the PHIDEON's luxurious rear passenger compartment also making it an ideal chauffeur-driven limousine.
10. The PHIDEON is the first Volkswagen to be based on the Modular Longitudinal Matrix (MLB).